New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Avengers Age of Ultron (2015 Joss Whedon)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/
Here we all are, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world! So stand and fight!
The Avengers are back, this time fighting Ultron, a corrupt AI made in part at the hands of Tony Stark. Age of Ultron is a massive spectacle, big action, strong acting and witty comedy to boot. If Avengers Assemble got you going expect more of the same from the second installment of the collaborative Marvel Cinematic Universe's team up.

I'm going to stay well away from spoilers as i expect most people to see the film themselves, all I will say is that all of the changes from comic elements make sense and I have no issue with any of them. My only issue with the film is that Ultron isn't scary, I never feared him and I didn't really feel like the Avengers did either. I think this is because of classic middle movie syndrome, we know Thanos is coming so we are waiting for that madness to ensue, this film just stops us from starving whilst we wait for Infinity War. Not only that but the surprise and awe is gone, it doesn't do more than Avengers Assemble and whilst it is just as impressive it falls a little more flat because it is what you expect.

That being said I did really enjoy the film, I'm just being harsh, the character development that Joss manages to squeeze in is incredible and I cannot wait for more as always. Age of Ultron sticks to the formula of tension relieving comedy amid colossal action whilst bringing about interesting changes in the MCU. Go see Age of Ultron, you cannot be disappointed.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment